Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Tuesday, July 2nd

Another beautiful day! :-) Sunny and 62 degrees this morning.

Having differently swallowing again...it doesn't happen everyday but when it does it can be very uncomfortable.  My food gets stuck or goes down really slow.

Tingling in my legs, eye drainage and shooting pains in my right leg this morning.

My back has really been sore the last couple of days. This morning when standing up by the sink putting my uv moisturizer and makeup on. It doesn't happen everyday but when it does it really hurts. :-(

I've been wearing sandals alot even though I know I'm suppose to be keeping my feet covered.  I'd like to feel normal sometimes.  I've had many comments about my feet looking blue.  They do turn blue because of DM.  The disease affects my blood vessels leading to my muscle.  :-(

------------------------------
Today's Bible Study

"Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, saying, 'Thus far has the LORD helped us.'"  
1 Samuel 7:12
 
When the Israelites defeated the Philistines, the prophet Samuel raised a memorial to commemorate the victory. He named it "Ebenezer," which means "stone of help." It was to remind everyone, including Samuel, that God was their help.
 
From the beginning, God has sealed special events with some kind of physical memorial. He gave Noah a rainbow. He instituted the Passover feast as a memorial of Israel's deliverance from Egypt. When He gave the law to Moses, He wrote it on two tablets so His people could see and remember. The tabernacle, the ark itself, and the cloud that hovered over it were visible reminders of God's ever-present help. In the New Testament, the Lord Jesus declared that Mary's gift of perfume, which she poured over Him, should be a memorial. What are the memorials in your life, the tangible reminders God has given you of His ever-present help?
 
My hat, gloves and God's grace in my life during this difficult time is my memorial.  It reminds me (and everyone who sees me smile) that God is my help.
 
Look for the memorials, the stones of remembrances in your life. Whatever they are -- perhaps a ring, a family Bible, a pair of crutches, a pebble you picked up during a journey -- they can be anchors to your soul. When pain becomes severe or sorrow crushing, you can remind yourself of that memorial set in place in a time of greater strength, and you can pray, "Oh, God, keep me faithful to that." Then rest your heart on the faithfulness of the One who has given you help in the past, that One who helped you raise the stone of remembrance in the first place.
 
God, Your understanding of us is so great. You know that we need visible reminders of Your faithfulness. Show me what reminders I can establish in my life that will stand in the face of all the future might bring. Amen

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment