Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Wednesday, July 17th

Another sunny day with highs in the 90's.  The heat advisory is out again today. 

We picked up Kaylee and Kris before heading up to Cottage Grove to drop off the bed for Jerry and Marilyn yesterday. I couldn't believe the humidity. So HOT and uncomfortable :-(  I hope they slept good :-)

Very sore yesterday afternoon.  Paul thought the humidity could be playing a part in my problem also.  SO Painful.  My body was swollen and I had trouble swallowing.

This morning I again have drainage from my eyes and I'm sore.  Haven't had another episode of my hand locking up. So glad.  :-) I'm not sure why these symptoms come and go like this?

My plans for today is to run to get my hair cut.  Can't do anything with it.   :-)
Kaylee stayed last night and she is still sleeping....sleeping good :-)
I may wait until Christine gets off before running over for my hair.  Have been running a lot this week.

We are going down to Iowa for my aunt's funeral tomorrow morning.We are leaving home at 6:15am.  The funeral is at 10:30am in Humboldt.  It's a 2.5 hour drive one-way from Owatonna.  It's going to be a long day but it will be nice to see Dorothy's family.

On Friday we are babysitting Kaylee again and we are running over to see grandmas in Faribault.

I'll have to wait and see how I feel after a busy week.

--------------------------------
Today's Bible Study

The Struggle with Unforgiveness

Read | Ephesians 4:30-32

All of us have been hurt at one time or another, and the offender may well have been someone we love. We often attempt to get past the pain of such situations with comments like, “That’s okay” or “Don’t worry about it,” and yet we just can’t seem to shake that penetrating sting. Why aren’t we able to let it go?

One reason that we struggle with unforgiveness is a simple matter of pride. What prevents us from forgiving? “Because that person hurt me!” we cry. As a result of our offended pride, the injustice grows much greater than we should allow. It becomes an issue of personal insult rather than an honest mistake or a flash of insensitivity.

Another factor in our unforgiveness is bitterness. We become resentful when we refuse to deal honestly with hurt feelings and then permit the matter to fester in our heart. A growing sense of irritation spreads through our spirit like an infection. It has been rightly said that bitterness is like a poison that you prepare for someone else and then drink yourself. While it silently destroys our life, the person who hurt us may remain completely unaware of our dark feelings.

Sometimes our struggle involves a misunderstanding about forgiveness. Or, we might be sitting around waiting for an apology that may never come.

If you have been hurt recently, pray for guidance. At times it’s appropriate to approach the offender and say, “You did this and it hurt me. But I forgive you and refuse to let it destroy our relationship.”

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment