Sunday, January 20, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Sunday, January 20th

I think I am finally coming to grips with DM...I really don't want it, but I have to live with it...I kept struggling with how to dress to hide all the changes taking place...some changes cannot be hidden ...

I put UV makeup on my face to protect it from the light and to hide my chin and nose...they are the hardest to keep covered or hidden...they are both really red...

My hands are showing a lot of changes....

I continue to have an itchy scalp...

My strength is not like it use to be....I cannot get up from a kneeling position without assistance...I struggle opening doors...somedays I struggle buttoning or zipping my clothes...

I found information online that stated when I exercise that I should not expect to increase my muscle like ordinary people, but to just prevent further muscle deterioration...the reason my joints and tendens are suffering is that my muscles are not working properly and therefore putting extra work on the other parts...

When discussing the disease with my Dr she couldn't tell me that I wouldn't someday be in a wheelchair...she said each person responds so differently to treatment, but we would work towards that goal...

Today I will take it one day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment