Saturday, January 19, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Saturday, January 19th

In my online search I found the definition of DM...It's the Inflammation of skin and underlying muscular tissue...

The cause or causes are unknown, I was told it was usually brought on by cancer or some type of trauma to my body...

Online it mentioned it could be a viral infection triggering the body's immune system to misidentify infected skin and muscle tissue as a threat...

It also characterized myositis as weakness of limbs and neck muscles and with much muscle pain and swelling accompanied by skin rash affecting cheeks, eyelids, neck, chest, and limbs...progression and severity vary among individuals...

My symptoms at the onset of the disease were weakness of my hips and thighs...I started to fall...I had extreme sensitivity to all lighting, UV and inside lighting...this is called photosensitivity (skin itching upon exposure to light) I had joint pain, hands and feet locking up, and shortness of breath...

My symptoms vary from day to day...I have to take three immune suppression medications to help control my symptoms...many of these medication are also used for cancer patients...

I enjoy every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment