Monday, October 7, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Monday, October 7th

Another beautiful morning... :-)
Paul brought me a take home plate from the church dinner :-) Way more than I could eat.  I only  ate a third of what Paul brought home...it was so good...   :-) Later in the evening I was trying to figure out why I was hurting so bad and itching all over.  
I realized I ate some mashed potatoes and gravy???. :-( Whoops I was enjoying it so much I didn't give it a second thought or was it from running outside not covered...it was just for a few seconds to empty something in the compost pile ??? :-(

Some days I feel like I'm being tortured...last night and this morning is one of those... :-( This morning I am still really itchy, swollen and sore.  Woke up around 2am and couldn't get back to sleep. Finally got out of bed at 5am to take my morning meds to see if that helps. This morning I am calling Dr Danning for relief.  :-) I waited too long...I thought I could wait for my next Dr appointment but I can't. :-(

Yesterday, I received another call  from Milestone letting me know Gloria was having another difficult day...she asked if she could take her over to the emergency room to have her checked out...I wasn't sure how it would go... :-).

The nurse called me back a few hours later to let me know she was able to get her out of her car with a lot of fast talking :-). They did a urine test but they didn't find any infection or blood in her urine.
They decided to make some changes to her medication to see if it will help with her behavior.  I bring her back in for a follow-up on Monday, October 14th...
I am so glad she was seen :-) Now we don't have to wonder or worry.  :-). So thankful...

Today, I am driving down to Council Bluffs, IA to visit good friends. :-) Hopefully the drive goes good and I sleep well...my bed is so comfy...
I'm going to try to be careful not to eat things I shouldn't be eating.  I return on Thursday. 

So thankful for all I can do...           ---------------------------
Today's Bible Study

Shutting Our Ears to the Lord

Read | James 1:22-25

When we fail to listen to God, we pay attention to wrong voices, fall prey to deception, and refuse to submit to the Lord. All three negative results are evident in Adam and Eve’s decision to eat from the forbidden tree. What other consequences result from shutting our ears to God?

First, we will make decisions based on their appeal. To entice Adam and Eve to disobey, the Devil twisted God’s words and misused legitimate desires the Lord had given to the couple. We have the Holy Spirit to teach us how to keep our appetites and desires in check.

Second, we will excuse our wrongdoings and blame others. Adam pointed a finger at Eve, and she blamed the serpent. Satan can tempt us, but the responsibility is ours if we consent.

Third, we will experience divine discipline. Not only that, but others will also suffer when we disobey. The first man and woman were cast from God’s presence, and their lives became much harder. Sin entered their family and led to strife and death—their son Abel was murdered by his brother Cain. Adam and Eve’s choice affected all future generations as well. Through them, sin entered the world and resides in us (Rom. 5:12).

Fourth, we will miss out on God’s best. The first humans lost both Eden’s splendor and perfect communion with the Lord. Unconfessed sin will separate us, too, from fellowship with the Father.

Closing ears to God’s voice can happen in a moment’s time. Safeguard yourself. Commit to genuine listening: hearing, remembering, and doing what God says.

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment