Saturday, October 5, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Saturday, October 5th

Another beautiful morning...still damp out. Temps were down in the 50's overnight.  Brrr getting colder... :-(

Today, I have a manicure appointment at 10:30am with my sister, Brenda and then out to eat. :-). We are meeting in Rochester at Keri's...

Yesterday morning I got a call on my cell phone from a radio station asking if I wanted to have a radio talk show.  They are impressed with me...asked me if I was still working as the Parish Life Coordinator.  I told them I wasn't...I was out ill...they felt my knowledge and experiences could be beneficial to others?????
Really...this station is in New York. ???? 

My brain doesn't work all the time...they call it lupus brain fog or it could be the combination of the medications.  No matter what it is it causes me to go blank when I try to communicate. So sad... :-(

I spent most my day, yesterday, cleaning ...trying to get things scrubbed and sorted.  It's going to be a while yet...  :-(

Paul went to meet the boys yesterday for lunch at HuHut in Rochester and stopped to pick up some pumpkins to sell at the church dinner. :-) They are short this year :-)

Francine texted me and asked if I wanted to go see her mom and go out for lunch with her brother, Brad on Tuesday in Des Moines.  I'm open for that...I haven't seen either of them for many years. :-)
We are going to bible study on Wednesday night...she wanted to go early so her pastor and others can pray over me. :-) I'm open for prayer...I would be ecstatic if I regained my health. :-)

When I get back home to MN there is a Muscular Dystrophy informational gathering on Friday and a support gatherings on Saturday in the Cities.  I registered to attend...
Sounds like I'm going to have a very busy week, next week...I'm not sure how I will do or if I'll be able to attend everything :-) Will see...

So thankful for what I can do

---------------------------
Today's Bible Study

When We Cry Out to God

Read | Psalm 57:1-3

Crying out to God is the spontaneous response to an urgent need. It differs from typical prayer, which involves
periods of worship, petitioning, and intercession; this distraught call focuses entirely on one difficulty. The problem can be heartbreaking news, a dangerous situation, physical pain, or spiritual confusion. Whatever the cause, we seek immediate relief from God.

Like Peter sinking into the sea, we’re saying, “Lord, save me!” (Matt. 14:30). We call out desperately when bad news comes, because we acknowledge that only God has power to change circumstances. And when we are walking obediently with Him, He will respond: if He does not alter the situation, He will replace fear with courage and confidence.

A cry to the heavenly Father is rooted in faith that He will answer His children. Believers expect God to respond with clear direction, and without fail; He is trustworthy to answer. Exodus 17 details how the Lord demonstrated His faithfulness at Horeb. When the wandering Israelites again grumbled against their leader—this time because of thirst—Moses called out to God, “What shall I do to this people?” (v. 4). Instantly, the Lord replied with a solution that satisfied both the Israelites’ thirst and Moses’ despair.

Whether we are sinking in a sea of pain or anxiously seeking a taste of God’s living water, the Lord hears our cries. And He says again, “He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him” (Ps. 91:15).

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment