Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Wednesday, October 16th

Another beautiful morning!  Yesterday we started our woodburner...it's cooling down...they are talking frost by the end of the week.  I guess it's time to bring in all the plants I plan on keeping over winter. :-)

I'm still having a lot of swelling and pain on my right side... :-(  I've been taking it easy.  I keep trying to figure out what's causing it.  If I knew what causes the swelling, I could change it.                         Maybe it's the change of weather??? 

I finally took a few minutes to look through this weeks bulletin and was reading a story about Ema McKinley.  She is coming to speak at St. Joachim on Monday, October 21st.  Ema suffered from a rare, nerve disorder which twisted her body a full 90 degrees, shriveled her left foot and locked her left hand shut. She spent 17 years bent over in excruciating pain.  On Christmas Eve 2011 she fell out of her wheelchair, at her home, and spent the night on the floor calling for help while pain engulfed her body.  Ema says, "Jesus showed up. He literally appeared to me and healed my spine, hand and foot.". When finished, Jesus offered her his hand and helped her to her feet.  She could walk. God is good!
I'm planning on going to this speaker on Monday to hear her tell her story...

I believe God is good and wants me to be full of life and be healed.  I am thankful that I have many family and friends praying for me.  I was fortunate in having three healing prayer over me while I was with my friends in Iowa and St. Louis.  We are trusting God to heal me so I can glorify Him :-)
Thank You Lord!

I am so very blessed!

-------------------------
I am praying today for healing for those suffering with disease or sickness...

Lord God you tell us to bring everything to you.  We ask for complete healing for those suffering from disease or sickness. Those that are in pain.  Even if our faith is as small as a mustard seed, you hear our cries to be restored.  Thank you for your gift of faith.  Grant us peace that passes all understanding.  In Jesus name. Amen!

--------------------------
Today's Bible Study

Relying on Our All-Sufficient God

Read | 2 Corinthians 3:1-6

Many people would scoff at the idea of inadequacy as a way the Lord blesses believers—the feeling can be so disheartening that it seems illogical to think in terms of benefit. Yet Christians can use shortcomings as stepping stones to blessing:

1. Our inadequacy forces us to do our work in the power of the Holy Spirit. Anything that puts us on our knees and drives us to God has to be good.

2. Awareness of our limitations can relieve us of the burden of trying to do God’s will in our own strength. Without the Holy Spirit, we will be crushed by weights we cannot carry.

3. Another blessing is that such awareness “frees” the Lord to use us to the maximum of our potential. When we are lowly enough to feel our need, then God will raise us to great heights.

4. Acknowledging our shortcomings allows God to get all the glory for His work. Spiritually minded people can tell when something is of God—and when it’s not. If you are in the Spirit, the glory will rightfully go to the Lord.

5. Inadequacy can enable us to live in contentment and quietness of spirit. Either we will give God our burdens and cease striving, or we will proceed in our own strength and become overwhelmed.

Like the apostle Paul, we should not claim competence in ourselves but rather acknowledge that our adequacy is from God (2 Cor. 3:5). What area in your life are you trying to manage in your own power? Relinquish control and anticipate God’s blessings, knowing that He desires good for His children.

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment