Monday, April 7, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Day!  

I trust in God's wisdom and I'm allowing Him to use my curramstances for His glory.  I can tell you I haven't always felt this way.  When I was first diagnosed with DM and then got shingles, I felt despair and was in a pit of hurt and frustration.  I was in so much pain it's so hard to describe.  I would stand outside and scream at the top of my lungs.  Sooo very painful.  :-(  I couldn't understand why I was going through this.

Screaming out, But God...Why?  I thought I had done everything you asked of me. ???

I knew God could change my situation in a heart beat, He still intervenes in lives today.  Why isn't He doing something???
If I could see into the future, I would understand the purpose but I don't know where this journey is leading.

We've all had times in our lives that we have been in a pit, a dark place in our lives. We feel that darkness when our answer isn't found or when we don't understand the journey.  As I tried climbing out of the pit I began to see how slippery it was.  It's three steps forward and one step back...it was a process...

God uses everything in our lives, everything has meaning...
I chose to live today knowing...I am is enough...I don't have to be anymore than who I am right now.  I am a wonderous miracle of life.   That is my miracle, just accepting ME :-)

I am so thankful for all I can do...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

Life in Our Heavenly Home
Charles Stanley
Read | Philippians 3:20-21

As believers, we are guaranteed a place in heaven, and we long for an idea of what that will be like. While all our questions will not be answered before we arrive, Scripture does give information about the Christian's future life.

Who will be there? The most wonderful truth we know is that we will be in the presence of our triune God—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. In addition to thousands upon thousands of angels (Rev. 5:11), there will be the Old Testament saints and all believers from this church age. Also, everyone who comes to faith during the great tribulation will have a heavenly home.

How will we be different physically? We'll have glorified bodies, and Scripture offers clues about what this will mean. After the resurrection, Jesus had a visible material form, so we know we, too, will have a physical body to dwell in a physical place called heaven. Our form will be imperishable and will bear a heavenly image (1 Cor. 15:42, 49). While the Bible doesn't describe the glorification process, we know our transformed bodies will be perfectly suited for our new environment.

Will we recognize each other? Though different, our bodies will be identifiable. Mary, though confused at first, recognized the resurrected Jesus (John 20:14-16). Because we will be like Him, we will be recognized in our resurrected form, and we will recognize others.

Try to picture being in your glorified body with believers from every tribe, language, nation, and people group (Rev. 7:9). Life in heaven will exceed your greatest hopes and imaginings.
Looking forward to another great day....

No comments:

Post a Comment