Friday, April 11, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Day!

I woke up with discharge from my eyes this morning, I'm sure it's because of the swelling.  

Yesterday, I started having a sore throat and congestion... I hope and pray things settle down soon. This is not a good time to get sick. :-).
This coming week is going to be really busy...on Monday, I go in for our taxes and Gloria's taxes.

On Maundy Thursday I work at church.  We have an Easter Egg hunt on Saturday and Sunday there are three services. 

Yesterday, I received a call from St. Lucas...Gloria is losing weight again...they will add additional applesauce, chocolate pudding and ensure. 
I make smoothies for myself so I told them I would put together some for her. They only need to thaw out the fruit smoothie and mix in the yogurt and nuts.  I hope it works :-)
I will also continue to bring over a hamburger and milkshake from McDonald's when I go for a visit.
When I was there last I picked up a hamburger, fries and milkshake.  She ate the hamburger patty, a couple bites of fries and drank the whole shake. 

Grandma Faye is having a lot of trouble with her back so Milestone is going to start having her soak in the tub to help her relax and then hopefully ease her pain. She won't walk because of the back pain.   Mom's memory is also getting worse. 

I know how that is...with the combination of the disease and medication, my memory and/or thinking doesn't work very well.

I am so thankful for family and friends...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

The Believer’s Journey to the Cross
By Charles Stanley
Read | John 12:23-27

We all know that Jesus walked the road to Calvary, but did you know that believers also journey to the cross? We've all been positionally crucified with Christ, but those who hunger for Him participate in a deeper experience of this reality. Jesus lovingly takes their hand and leads them to the cross. Even though this is the last place anyone wants to go, it's the only way to partake of God's best for our lives.

The trip to the cross is not one you take with family and friends. It's a lonely journey with just you and Jesus. He strips away everyone and everything you've depended on so that you'll learn to rely only on Him. While we're at the cross, He uncovers layer after layer of self-deception until we begin to see ourselves as He does. Soon our self-centeredness, inadequacy, and failures are laid bare.

The cross is a place of brokenness, but it's necessary because there's no other way we'll ever bear fruit. If we hang onto our lives and refuse to take this journey, we'll be like a grain of wheat that is never planted and never grows. But those who willingly die to themselves will produce an abundance of spiritual fruit. The only way Christ can live His life through us is if we've allowed ourselves to be crucified.

God doesn't want you to be content with just your salvation. There's so much more He desires to give you and achieve through you. Are you willing to take the road to the cross with Him? Yes, it's painful, but the rewards in this life and in eternity far outweigh any suffering you will experience.

Loking forward to another great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment