Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning! 
I woke up to bird's chirping outside our bedroom window again.  These birds get up really early. :-)

It's pretty wet out.  It's been raining all week. Yesterday, we were really surprised to see snow flakes falling...you should have heard everyone. :-)

I started the new part-time position yesterday.  It was a short day...I only worked two and a half hours because of my Dr appointment.  I am so thankful they are so accommodating.  I have met a lot of good people.  I'm really excited to see were God leads.  I am at peace with where He has placed me.  I will continue working at FPC also.  This summer there is only one service, at 9am.  Currently we have two services, one at 8:30am and another at 10:00am.
I trust God has placed me where I am for a reason.  So knowing this, I will do the best I can with the help of the Holy Spirit.   :-)

You're not going to believe what I did yesterday.  I underestimated the amount of time it took me to get from MT to the clinic for my appointment.  I called to let them know I was running late and to ask them if I should reschedule or if Dr Danning could still fit me in.  I had to reschedule :-(  I never ever was late for a Dr appointment for myself before. 
I have been late for grandma Gloria's appointment several times because she refused to cooperate to get ready to go but never missed my own.  I felt pretty bad :-( 

In one of my earlier blogs I talked about stepping out in faith.  I am always trying to seek God's will for my life.  So when I received the call to offer me this position, I was surprised.  I asked Him twice if he was sure He wanted me to take it and both times when I added another request before taking the job, they accepted it.  So I knew He had a plan for me. 
So When I went to work yesterday I showed God I was willing to do what He asks of me. I believe and fully trust God's will for my life...

I am so thankful for all I can do...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

Because He Came, We Must Go

By Charles Stanley

Read | John 20:19-23

Can you imagine how intense the emotion was when Jesus appeared to His disciples in today's passage? After days of hiding, afraid for their lives and mourning the loss of their Master, the followers of Christ were stunned to see Him standing before them in a locked room.

If the shock of His appearance wasn't enough, think about the statement He made: "As the Father has sent me, I also send you" (John 20:21). The weight of that comment must have seemed overwhelming. After years of hearing Jesus talk about His divine purpose, the disciples were given a similar commission. Just as the Father had sent Jesus, so now Jesus was sending them into the world to spread the gospel, heal the sick, serve the needy, and glorify the Father.

Many Christians read that passage and think, I'm sure glad I wasn't there to receive those "marching orders." But guess what—you were. That room didn't house just the 11 remaining apostles. Luke 24:33 reveals that other followers were "with them." So in John 20:21, when Jesus said, "I also send you," He was talking to the whole body of believers. Two thousand years later, this commission still applies to you and me.

Jesus' command to make disciples "of all the nations" (Matt. 28:19) is too big a job for a handful of individuals. It's a call for every believer, in every country, in every generation to accept the mission anew. Christ is sending you somewhere for a purpose, whether in your backyard or halfway around the globe. Are you ready to go?

Looking forward to another great day....

No comments:

Post a Comment