Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Day!
I was wore out last night and very sore.  I've been using the pain patches and they help but when I take them off it causes the area I pull it off of to feel like raw nerves. So painful.   Especially in the right lower back area where the shingles started.                                                  This morning I woke up in pain.  My legs are swollen and the right leg is throbbing. :-(
I took my morning meds and will wait for them to kick in for relief. 

I've been slowly tampering my prednisone. I go down 1m every three weeks...I wouldn't think the affect of the tapper would be giving me problems already.

Paul has been having trouble with his knees and hip for about three weeks.  This morning we run over for a Dr appointment to see if they can help...please pray for relief for him. 

Tomorrow, I run to Faribault to take grandma Faye to the doctor.  I will stop to see grandma Gloria and bring her something to eat from McDonalds.

I received a call from my brother, Tim.  He, Connie, their dogs and Joe and his kids are going to be here on July 4th and will be staying for a few days.  We are inviting everyone to come over.  We are going to shoot off fireworks and have a fire.  I'll have sparklers for the kids.  It will be good to see all of them :-)
             
We are hoping the house will be done...the weatherman has been talking rain so they have put off the digging for the basement...
It won't take long once they start.

I am so thankful for all I can do...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

What Does It Mean to Be “Born Again”?
By Charles Stanley
Read | John 3:1-16

In today’s passage, the Lord instructs Nicodemus that no one can enter into the kingdom of God unless he is first “born again.” Jesus gave the term a spiritual meaning that may be familiar to us today, but Nicodemus didn't understand. “How can a man be born when he is old?” he asked. “He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born, can he?” (John 3:4).

Though he was a Pharisee and a teacher, Nicodemus found it hard to grasp what Jesus was describing. And I suspect many people—including believers as well as unbelievers—don’t truly comprehend the concept any better today. So let’s take the time to understand this important idea.

“Born again” is an apt description of what it means to trust Jesus as our Lord and Savior. Our lives are not changed when we enter into a relationship with Christ; rather, our old lives are effectively ended, and we are completely reborn in the Spirit.

Therefore, it makes perfect sense to say that we are “born again.” It means that we are no longer who we once were in sin. Rather, we are a new creation that exists to glorify God (2 Cor. 5:17).

Does your life in Christ reflect the glory of God, or are you still clinging to your old ways of living? It is important to understand that the Lord does not simply want to change you; instead, He wants to remake you—there’s a big difference. As you pray today, ask for the courage to surrender to God and to live a life that proclaims your old self has died. He desires to make you new!

No comments:

Post a Comment