Thursday, June 26, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning!
As I continue to blog I'm not sure if I should continue to blog about my symptoms or how good or bad my days are going???
I want to stay positive and look at the brighter side of things.
Living with DM and Lupus can be very difficult but I try to remember things could be worse.
Last night and this morning I had a headache.  I have a lot of tingling in my feet and I woke up with swelling and pain.  I have been pushing myself more than I probably should...
I worked Monday, Tuesday and had a few meetings yesterday, two at work and one at an insurance agency.  The agency saw my profile and work history online and wanted to extend an invitation for an interview.  So I thought I'd listen to what they had to say.  The last thing I need is another job.  :-)
I love to work and to be around people. 

I am so thankful for all I can do...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

When Burdens Weigh Us Down
By Charles Stanley
Read | Psalm 37:5-7

When we are overburdened, the world seems a colder place. The sun may be shining, but our heads are bowed low, so we don’t notice. The birds sing, but our ears are filled with the cries of our hearts—exclamations of pain, sorrow and weariness. We put distance between us and others as our problems absorb our time and attention. Perhaps we are weighed down by unmet expectations, sudden trauma or death, or simply too much responsibility. Another possibility is that sin is causing our heaviness of heart. Whatever the cause, however, the result is the same: We are burdened by a crushing weight.

Into our bleakness comes the voice of almighty God inviting us to draw near and find rest in Him. “This is what the LORD says: ‘Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls . . .”’ (Jer. 6:16 NIV).

Won’t you look up to your heavenly Father right now? Jesus offers living water; take time to drink until your soul is strengthened enough for you to ask the way. With the Spirit’s help, take one step, then another down that ancient path of obedience, and He will give you the promised peace.

Jeremiah 6:16 ends with God pointing out the Israelites’ response: “But you said, ‘We will not walk in it.”’ It is only when we trust in the Father’s plan that we will find relief from our burdens. Let us stand, look, ask, and walk so that we might find the rest which the Lord has promised for our souls.

Looking forward to another great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment