Thursday, June 19, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning!
I've been scratching my head a lot lately.  I have open sores and sores with scabs...
I have scheduled a hair appointment to get my hair colored and cut...I'm not sure my hair dresser will color my hair now.  :-( 

When I got home yesterday afternoon from Faribault...I was feeling weak and tired.  Paul helped me carry Gracie in the house...

The pain patches don't seem to be helping anymore...I'm still sore with the patches on...

I am so thankful for all I can do...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

Running With Endurance
By Charles Stanley
Read | Hebrews 12:1-3

Nobody wakes up on the morning of a marathon and suddenly decides, Hey, I think I'll go down and run the race today. Long-distance running requires training, and lots of it. The typical marathon runner spends months preparing for the race. He pulls himself out of bed early and hits the street. Focusing on his goal, he pushes through physical and mental exhaustion. He watches what he eats, gets plenty of sleep, and runs—regularly. The main goal of all of this training is to build endurance. While not easy, the discipline is essential to running 26.2 miles.

Since Scripture compares the Christian life to a race, we can assume that endurance is essential for our success as well. And what builds spiritual stamina? The apostle James points out that dealing with trials strengthens us. In fact, in James 1:2-3, he even tells us to welcome difficulties because "the testing of your faith produces endurance."

He is talking about the inner strength that allows us to face any difficulty without quitting. A runner needs such strength for a race. So even though the training hurts, he conditions his body to be able to reach the finish line. For believers, the process is similar, except that our training comes through trials. As we face different challenges in the power of the Spirit, God builds us up more and more.

Are you facing a hardship today? God wants you to trust Him and then ask yourself, Am I willing to go through this intense workout today in order to win the race tomorrow?

Looking forward to another great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment