Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning!

I had a very nice day yesterday...thank you for all the Happy Birthday wishes. :-). They brightened my day!
Grant and Nolan, my grandsons, sent me pictures they drew. :-). I know where they are going...on my refrigerator. Kaylee spent the day with me in Faribault and when dropping Kaylee off I got to see Gracie.  Grandchildren are the icing on the cake. I love each one of them.

As I look back at my life, I can remember several situations that stand out.  These situations make me wonder if I had the DM or Lupus for many years before my diagnosis?  In 2012, when I was diagnosed my mind didn't work at all...I could not think.  It wasn't until I recieved treatment that it started to work alittle better...

These are the situations I am questioning...
* A few years back I hit my head several times on a tree that was on the path we walked all the time.  I would turn around and wack...hit it on the tree.  I noticed a indent(I guess you would call it that) on my forehead.  I asked Paul if he could feel it but he said he couldn't.  

* Around that same time when I hit my head...I had a flash behind my eyes that seemed like a short circuit(only way I can explain it)...I wondered at that time if it could be the start of Alzheimer's... Alzheimer's runs on both sides of my family.  I know the chances of me getting it is greater because of that.

Or could this be the trauma to my body that brought on the DM?  

* I remember a time right after the old Doanes Granery burned.  I went over to the new Grainery to collect a donation for the church dinner and my mind already went blank. ???? Why I don't know. ????? Was it because I was getting Alzheimer's or because of the DM/Lupus.  Who knows?? 

* Another time, I was at the Cenex gas station, it was right after I took my early retirement from school, one of my parents was across the counter from me and he was saying hi Julie...it didn't click...my mind was blank.  :-(  I didn't respond right away...

*  I had a situation with a renter at the duplex...my bodies response was off...I addressed the situation but I had trouble getting all the words out correctly.  My body was shaking...this had never happened to me before...

*  One of the students from Kidz club ask me why my feet were blue...

So many years ago I had symptoms of the autoimmune disease but I didn't put all the pieces together until it was in full swing.  Again are all these a sign of the DM and Lupus or the Alzheimers?  

I have mentioned some of these situations in other blogs but these still remain on my mind...I wonder if knowing about these could help in a study or research?

I am so thankful for all I can do...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

When We Feel Guilty
By Charles Stanley
Read | Isaiah 43:10-11, 25

Many teachers find true-or-false questions to be a useful tool in determining what students know. Some people seem able to discern right away what is true. Others ponder the question at length and realize they are simply not certain what is the truth. How would you answer the following questions?

True or False? It is the Holy Spirit’s responsibility to convict us of sin. The answer is TRUE (John 16:8). When we have sinned, God’s Spirit will cause us to have feelings of guilt, which convict us of what we’ve done wrong. He does this so that we will ask God’s forgiveness and be restored to a proper relationship with Him.

True or False? All guilty feelings are due to sin. The answer is FALSE. We can experience a sense of guilt for reasons other than our sin—for example, a wrong view of God. We feel guilty when we imagine the Lord is noticing our mistakes, pointing His finger at us, and pronouncing judgment. Other times we feel guilty and do not know why. Romans 8:1 proclaims the truth that “there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” The Bible also teaches that the Spirit-filled life is designed to be one of joy and peace.

Spend this week getting to know God better through what the New Testament reveals about Him. Look at the love and compassion Jesus had for the crowds that followed Him (Matt. 14:14), the widow (Luke 7:13), the leper (Mark 1:40-42), and the tax collector (Matt. 9:9-12). Accept the truth that God loves you, and allow any false guilt to melt away.

Looking forward to another great day....

No comments:

Post a Comment