Monday, March 31, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Day!

Yesterday was so nice...highs were finally in the 60's...loving it :-). We need more beautiful weather to melt all the snow in the yard.

I am making changes in my life to see if I can get everything under control.  I don't want to start the iv infusions yet knowing that is my last resort.  

Part of moving on in our lives is accepting who we are and where we are right now. Don't live in the past or live in the future...live in the now..

I have accepted the fact I have DM and Lupus.  I also believe in Healing :-)

I have accepted the fact that I will be wearing uv clothing, hats, gloves and uv make-up all year round. 

I have trouble accepting the fact that I swell when I go out for too long. :-). When I swell it becomes painful.

I love the sunshine and warm weather but it can affect me in a negative way.  So I am careful not overdo it.  

I still keep our curtains closed and rest when I can.  I started eating fruit and nut smoothies and raisin bran cereal with almond milk. I will slowly add new foods as I go...

I continue to work with a health coach...finding yoga moves and other things that will help me relax. 

I meditate and do bible study. :-). Sometimes all day long...

I found two games I enjoy to play...one is the game my son Kris made, 3-D Maze and the other is Hay Day.  Both are easy and keeps my mind busy.

I have been trying to decide lately... what to do with my hair.  I may go back to city looks to see Trudy.  My scalp continues to itch constantly...the evening is the worst. Some days the medicine works, some days it doesn't.  I have been thinking about shaving my head so I can use the steroid cream but so far I'm only thinking about it.

I've been working 4 hours a week doing something I love to do...planning activities for the kids. It gives me something to do doing the week while I'm sitting at home.  

I also enjoy taking Kaylee and Gracie over to visit grandma Gloria and grandma Faye...the grandma's just loves to see the girls.

Tomorrow, I am planning on taking Kaylee over to Faribault to visit grandma Gloria.  Grandma Faye has some medical tests tomorrow so we won't be stopping to visit her this time.  My sister, Brenda is taking mom for her tests.

Nothing shapes your life more than the commitments you choose to make. Your commitments can develop you or they can destroy you, but either way, they will define you.  What are you committed to?

Many are afraid to commit to anything and just drift through life. Others make halfhearted commitments to competing values, which leads to frustration and mediocrity. Others make a full commitment to worldly goals, such as becoming wealthy or famous, and end up disappointed and bitter. Every choice has eternal consequences, so you had better choose wisely. Peter warns,

Since everything around us is going to melt away, what holy, godly lives you should be living! - 2 Peter 3:11

Christlikeness is the result of making Christlike choices and depending on His Spirit to help you fulfill those choices. Once you decide to get serious about becoming like Christ, you must begin to act in new ways. You will need to let go of some old routines, develop some new habits, and intentionally change the way you think. You can be certain that the Holy Spirit will help you with these changes. The Bible says,

Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose. - Philippians 2:12-13

This verse shows the two parts of spiritual growth: “work out” and “work in.” The “work out” is your responsibility, and the “work in” is God’s role. Spiritual growth is a collaborative effort between you and the Holy Spirit. God’s Spirit works with us, not just in us.

This verse, written to believers, is not about how to be saved, but how to grow. It does not say “work for” your salvation, because you can’t add anything to what Jesus already did. During a physical “workout,” you exercise to develop your body, not to get a body. When you “work out” a puzzle, you already have all the pieces - your task is to put them together. Farmers “work” the land, not to get land, but to develop what they already have. God has given you a new life; now you are responsible to develop it “with fear and trembling.” That means to take your spiritual growth seriously!

Christianity is not a religion or a philosophy, but a relationship and a lifestyle.

The core of that lifestyle is thinking of others, as Jesus did, instead of ourselves. The Bible says,

We should think of their good and try to help them by doing what pleases them. Even Christ did not try to please Himself. - Romans 15:2-3a

Thinking of others is the heart of Christlikeness and the best evidence of spiritual growth. This kind of thinking is unnatural, counter-cultural, rare, and difficult. Fortunately we have help:

God has given us his Spirit. That’s why we don’t think the same way that the people of this world think. - 1 Corinthians 2:12a

I am so thankful for all I can do...

Love my family and friends :-)

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

Winning Your Battles through Prayer
By Dr. Charles Stanley

What would you do if someone began to push against you, attempting to throw you off a position that is rightfully yours? How would you respond? Most people would lean into the weight and push back. That's a posture of resistance. And as believers, we must know when it's time to lean with all our might against evil. But how?

Prayer is the believer's  great privilege and powerful weapon against Satan and his plans. The apostle Peter wrote, "Resist him, steadfast in the faith" (1 Peter 5:9). James echoed this teaching:

"Submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you" (James 4:7-8).

Both of these godly men admonished believers to oppose evil. And we do that by persevering in prayer. On the surface, this form of resistance may appear to be passive. But in practice, it is always active, intentional, and powerful.

Resistance begins with a decision to join the struggle against evil through prayer, rather than retreat. Such godly opposition takes strength and courage. It also requires patience and perseverance.
Peter and James point to two key words at the heart of our ability to resist the devil through our prayers: faith in God and submission to His will.

Submission

Submission to God means acknowledging that we can't but He can. In our prayers, we might tell the Lord, "I can't defeat the Enemy on my own. But with You, I can." By taking this position, we join the apostle Paul in saying, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phil. 4:13).

James taught that submission occurs when we seek a closer relationship with God. As we spend time in His Word and His presence, we get to know the Lord better. We also discover how He wants us to overcome evil and experience blessing in our lives. By setting aside time solely to listen and wait upon the Lord for direction and guidance, we grow closer to Him. Periodically hiding ourselves away from all other influences and distractions is vital if we want to grow in knowledge of our God. The better we know Him, the more we see His power, experience His love, and grow in faith and wisdom.

Faith

Faith can be summed up in the statement "God, I believe You will." In our efforts to overcome the Evil One, we might pray this way: "I believe You will defeat the Enemy and cause him to flee from me as I resist him and put my trust in You." Again and again, David made this declaration of faith to the Lord: "O my God, I trust in You" (See Ps. 25:2, 31:6, 55:23, 56:3, 143:8).

We grow in faith by exercising it—trusting God in every circumstance and relationship. Over time, we develop a personal history with God as He demonstrates His faithfulness and loving care for us. The result is an ever-deepening relationship with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Ultimately, it's impossible to resist the Devil for long if you don't believe that Jesus Christ can and will thwart Satan's attempts to harm you. Remaining strong in faith requires total submission to God in all areas of your life—no exceptions. When you decide that you don't need God's help in one area, that's precisely where the Enemy will strike.

The good news is that God has given each of us a measure of faith to nurture within our hearts. And by His grace, we are capable of submitting to His will. In whatever you do, remember the words of James: "Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Looking forward to another great day....

No comments:

Post a Comment