Thursday, March 20, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Day!

I continue to record my daily symptoms, my activity and what I eat...hoping to get rid of anything that may be contributing to my symptoms. 

Yesterday, I was in a lot of pain and my symptoms kicked in big time.  My head and body were itchy, I was swollen and I was again extremely sore so I took additional prednisone for relief. :-(  it helped :-).

This week I decided not to run over to Faribault to visit grandmas.  I'm trying to take things alittle slower.  I go over on Monday to take my mom, grandma Faye, to a Dr consult.  I will bring Gracie over and visit grandma Gloria at this time also. 

So thankful for family and friends...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

A Man Worthy of Our Praise
By Charles Stanley
Read | Matthew 8:23-27

In today’s reading from Matthew 8, the men who traveled with Jesus on a stormy night asked something that ought to make us sit up and take notice: “What kind of a man is this . . . ?” (v. 27). We would do well to ponder that same question. Then we’ll begin to see the big picture of who Jesus is.

The Lord and His disciples were making their way across the Sea of Galilee to the region of the Gadarenes. Then a powerful storm hit—imagine a violent wind causing such turbulence that waves were covering the deck of their wooden boat (v. 24). Even the experienced seamen on board were certain that their death was imminent.

But Jesus was sleeping. He was resting quietly during a storm so frightening that the writer chose the Greek word seismos to describe it. (Our phrase “seismic activity,” which is used of earthquakes, comes from the same root.) What kind of man is this who can sleep while the boat heaves and pitches? The answer is, the One who created the seas and knows how a storm brews and what energy causes a wave to stay in motion. That’s the kind of man—a divine Being cloaked in humanity, who rebuked the winds and sea so that they became perfectly calm.

Scripture indicates that both the air and the water were instantly stilled. Such is the power of Jesus, the Creator and Lord over the universe. All the Bible stories about Him add to the big picture that He is the only man worthy of glory, honor, and praise (Dan. 7:13-14; Rev. 5:12).

Looking forward to another great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment