Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another BEAUTIFUL Day!  

I slept good again last night :-). I am so thankful for another good night sleep... It really makes a difference in my day...

I continue to have symptoms but I am enjoying my journey while I wait for healing...this is a season in my life to keep me depending on God.  I will not be absorbed in my problems...

Today, our temperature is supposed to hit almost 40 degrees. :-) A heat wave LOL
Kaylee and I are running over to visit grandma's this morning.  I have paperwork to do for them.  We will go over to eat with them and we may take grandma Faye over to the Medford mall to use her gift cards...we'll see how everything goes
We got another 5 inches of snow yesterday....I'm hoping the roads are cleared off and aren't slippery  :-(  

I am so thankful for my Family and Friends...

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Let Your Love Grow

"We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing."

(2 Thessalonians 1:3, NIV)

God’s desire is to see you grow and increase in every area of your life—especially in your love for others. That’s because love is the greatest thing, and it is all that matters in eternity. At the end of the day, at the end of our lives here on earth, love is what will last forever!

Notice that this verse tells us that love and faith are connected. It says in another verse that faith works by love. Love isn’t about feelings and emotions; it’s about the choice to treat people the way God tells us to in His Word. The more we know Him, the more we know His Word, the more we will walk in love.

Today, I pray that your love will continue to grow and build a solid foundation for your faith. I pray that through your connection with the Father, you are strengthened in all of your relationships as you move forward into the life of blessing He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for loving me and transforming me into Your image. Search my heart and mind today. Help me to love others the way You love me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

-------------------------
Today's Bible Study

God Wants His Children to Listen
Read | Nehemiah 8:1-8

The principles in Scripture teach us the way to live holy lives. But in order to receive God’s instructions, we must learn how to hear Him speak through His Word.

In the days of Nehemiah, the Israelites who helped to rebuild Jerusalem were good listeners. After working together to restore the city wall, they asked Ezra the scribe to read to them from the scrolls containing God’s laws.

The reading lasted for hours, during which time the people stood and listened intently as the scribe read. They were focused on comprehending what had been recorded in the law of Moses.

The scrolls were written in Hebrew. But most of the Israelites standing in the square had spent their lives in Babylonian captivity, and Aramaic was the language they spoke. Yet they had come together, intent on learning about God’s character and determined to follow His plan. For this reason, the Levites translated “to give the sense so that [the people] understood the reading” (v. 8).

As Ezra praised the Lord, the peoples’ hearts were stirred, and they worshipped. Thanksgiving and humility prepared them to receive from God. They bowed in gratitude for the privilege of hearing the Scriptures.

We need to understand what pleases the Lord so we can obey His plan. That means we must be good listeners who develop greater humility, attentiveness, gratitude, and zeal for Him. As we learn, we should be prepared not only to share the Word with others but also to explain it so they, too, can know God and obey.

 Looking forward to another great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment