Monday, October 13, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning! 
Sometimes we find ourselves at a crossroads in our lives – that causes us to stop and seek a new direction on our journey. Something inside us whispers, “You need to make some changes.” But where do you start? How do you know if it’s really a step in the right direction?

As a follower of Christ I realize that my life is a part of a larger story God is writing. Every major decision I face is weighed with the question, “Is this what God wants for me?” I seek His guidance, because I want to stay true to the plan that He has for me.  If I fix my attention on my circumstances or my inadequacies, then anxiety and discouragement sets in.  But if I focus on God and His power I can then rise above my situation because my confidence is not in me but in His promises for me.  

I can do all thing through Christ whom strengthens me...
 I am so thankful for all I can do...

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Today's Bible Study 

Seeking God Through Prayer
By Charles Stanley
During the reign of Jehoshaphat, a vast army assembled to attack the nation of Judah. His response to the situation can guide us in handling our own crises.
The Bible records that the king “turned his attention to seek the LORD” in prayer (v. 3). Likewise, when we face hardship, our best response is to cry out to our heavenly Father. As God’s children, we can be certain that He loves us and cares about the details of our lives.
Through the cross, God established a new covenant for those who place their trust in the Lord Jesus (Luke 22:20)— He agreed to forgive our sins, adopt us into His family, and watch over us. This salvation depends not upon our good actions but upon the completed work of Jesus, who died in our place (Eph. 2:8). God also sent His Spirit to live in us as proof of our salvation and to be ever- present with us. He is interested in every aspect of our lives and promises to hear our prayers.
Jehoshaphat was ready for this crisis because he had developed the habit of seeking the Lord in various situations. If we want to be prepared for the unexpected, then we must discipline ourselves to seek God every day, acknowledging both His Lordship and our dependence upon Him.
By examining our habits and thought life, we can know whether our attention is on the Lord or other things. If we start our day thinking about Him instead of our own plans, and regularly read and apply Scripture, then we demonstrate a heart that is pursuing Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment