Saturday, October 11, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Day!
We are having a cool start to our day...temps are at 30 degrees this morning.  Last night I covered the flowers and Paul picked the vegetables so they didn't freeze.  My plans for today is to continue to work at cleaning and organizing the house...one room at a time... :-)  It is an ongoing project...

I continue to tapper the prednisone and with the tapering comes the symptoms of the disease.  My head and my body are starting to itch again. :-(   My mind has been wandering more....I wonder why this burden (DM, Lupus & Post Shingles) was added to my journey.  What am I supposed to get out of it?  What am I supposed to do with it?  Even in the midst of the pain and suffering I have been gaining so much. :-)  I am so very thankful for my continued growth!

In December I was planning on having the surgery to repair the hernia again.  The last time they repaired it they used cadaver skin and surgical mesh.   Someone asked me if they would repair it the same way or are they going to do something different...I'm not sure???  The surgeon decides after he sees what's going on inside.  The rejection of the cadaver skin and mesh may be the cause of why I got DM.  DM is caused by trauma to the body or cancer...

My concern in having the surgery is that my body wouldn't heal or I could get an infection which would lead to additional problems.  I've been having trouble swallowing again...coughing up foam, I think it is the stomach acid, so I really need to have the surgery soon. :-( 

The last couple of years I felt transparent, as if everyone could see everything about me.  They could even read my mind...it was such an uncomfortable position to be in and it made me feel very vulnerable.    This curve in the road brought me to my knees.  I was at a low point in my life, trying to understand God's will or plan for my life in this condition.  I continue to pray for healing from Dermatomysitis (DM - Muscular Dystrophy), Lupus and post Shingles pain but no matter the direction or the timing I will enjoy every day with a positive spirit.  God has blessed me in so many ways. 


 In our weakness he makes us strong...
 I am so Thankful for all I can do!

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

Scripture: God’s Perfect Book
by Charles Stanley
Even in this age of technological marvels, there are still many people who suffer a deficiency exposed by a telltale sign: a flashing “12:00” on the oven clock. Isn't it odd that a person can operate a motor vehicle at 70 mph, microwave an entire meal in three minutes, and navigate through the Internet’s information superhighway and yet not know how to set a simple clock?
Is the solution so complicated? Is the answer to this riddle so deeply hidden that only a few brave souls dare to seek it out? No, of course not! There’s only one reason why this technical tip-off is so common: people do not read the instruction book.
When we purchase a new gizmo or appliance, we always find within the package an instruction book. And what does this book contain? It has all the answers we need to get the most out of our new purchase.
Do you realize the Christian life is like that? Scripture declares that when a person comes to faith in Jesus Christ, he or she is a “new creation” (2 Cor. 5:17 NIV). To get the most out of our new life, we are given an instruction book: the Bible. This is far more than a simple guide that teaches how to act or what to say; this Book tells us exactly how to live a life that is pleasing to God.
Is your Christian walk stuck? Do you have the proverbial “12:00” flashing in your life, indicating that you have set aside your Instruction Book? Pick it up today for a fresh look, and enjoy God’s perfect how-to manual. You will not be disappointed.

Looking forward to another great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment