Sunday, August 10, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Day!
I spent the weekend with some friends in St. Louis, MO.  I wasn't able to do everything they did but tried to do what I could.  They were out in the swimming pool and I was sitting in a chair under the deck visiting with them.  A short time after sitting out...I was asked if I put blush on...I didn't, the symptoms of the diseases were kicking in. :-(  So I headed back inside.

I ended up taking a 2 hour nap on Saturday...I wasn't feeling the best.

The girls said I looked normal but if only I could explain what it was like living with these two diseases, DM and Lupus...I have my good day and I have my bad days...

I continue to try to live life to the fullest and not let any of it get me down. 

I am so thankful for all I can do...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

Identifying Insecurity
By Charles Stanley
Psalm 139:13-26

Let me ask you to do what may be an uncomfortable exercise. We’re going to examine statements that insecure people often make about themselves. As you read each one, ask yourself, Do I think similarly?

Insecure people make comments like:

• Why bother trying? I’ll never get it right.

• Everyone is looking at me, just waiting for me to make a fool of myself.

• I’m a failure.

• I am ugly and awful to look at.

• I can never win. I’m just a loser.

• No matter how hard I work, I never get any recognition.

• I am incompetent at everything.

• Nobody could ever speak well about me.

• I have failed before—once a failure, always a failure.

• I don’t see how anyone could ever like, respect, or accept me.

• I don’t deserve to be treated well.

• I don’t fit here or anywhere else.

• Everyone else looks so put together. I feel quite out of it compared to them.

• I am an incomplete person, and nothing can change that.

• Why would anyone care to hear what I have to say?

• People are nice to me only when they want something from me.

Did any of the above statements ring true for you? Prayerfully consider the ones that got your attention. Then, take those specific insecurities to the Lord, and allow Him to show you His truth in each area. God wants to set you free from anything hindering your spiritual development.

Looking forward to another great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment