Friday, July 4, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning!
Happy 4th of July
Stay safe...Remember all those that have fought for our freedoms...

I had another good night sleep...
Joe and the kids made it here around 8pm.  Boy have the kids grown...Brydan is 9, Maddy is 7 and Jackson just turned 6.
Jackson was around 6 months old when we saw him last.  So it's been too long.
Tim, Connie and the dogs(kids) will arrive today...

We have planed a picnic and shooting off some fireworks this evening.  It should be a lot of fun

I am so thankful for family and friends...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

The Gift of Freedom
By Charles Stanley
Read | Galatians 5:1-14

Every time I celebrate Independence Day, I am reminded of the freedom Christ accomplished for us on the cross when He paid the penalty for our sins. Now all who believe in Him have been liberated from the destructive power of sin. But sadly, many Christians don’t live in the freedom He won for them.

That’s what happened to the Galatians. They’d been saved through faith in Jesus, but some false teachers told them they also had to keep the Law of Moses to maintain their salvation. Adding requirements to the finished work of Christ can make people uncertain and insecure about their spiritual standing.

When I was saved at the age of 12, I was immediately held in bondage to the rules my church established for me. The list of condemning sins included going to movies, wearing cuff links, and reading the comics on Sunday. That was a real problem for me because I loved Dick Tracy. Every Sunday I had to confess to the Lord that I had sneaked a peak before delivering the papers on my route. In time, I lost much of my childhood joy because I was plagued by guilt. I never knew if I was destined for heaven or hell. Every night I’d climb into bed and beg God to forgive me because I hadn't been able to obey the rules.

If you’re struggling with feelings of guilt and condemnation, I want you to know there is freedom in Christ. When He cried out on the cross, “It is finished” (John 19:30), that’s exactly what He meant. Nothing else is needed. He paid in full for your salvation and promises to complete the good work He began in you (Phil. 1:6).

Looking forward to another great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment