Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning!  This morning I'm sitting with the windows open enjoying the wonderful cooler weather.  The temperature is at 60 degrees this morning. :-)

I know I am never alone...God is with me always...I believe the word of God.

It's pointless to think about what we should or shouldn't have done...

Believe and Enjoy every day of your life by living every day in the spirit...God loves us and I trust Him. 
When diagnosed with DM and Lupus I went from being a women of faith to being fearful...

Today, I can say I trust God and all things will work together for good according to His purpose.

I am so thankful for all I can do...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

Biblical Fasting
By Charles Stanley
Read | Psalm 42:1-2

“Dear?” The only response this elicits is a distracted “Hmm,” accompanied by the rustle of a newspaper. “Could I talk to you?” Again a reply of “Hmmm,” followed by silence. Then footsteps are heard walking away. Have you ever experienced something similar?

We've all been guilty of inattention to those we love. So much clamors for our attention that we at times dodge effort instead of investing in a relationship. Unfortunately, we can do the same thing with God. But we don’t want that, do we?

Biblical fasting is one way to help us regain focus concerning our relationship with the Lord and what matters to Him. Fasting readies us to concentrate on our Father. It is an opportunity to set aside other things in order to seek His face and hear His voice. It is a time of preparation that leads us to fix our attention on God’s purposes and will for us.

Many of us have not tried fasting because it seems too foreign. We don’t know how to begin or when to find the time. But if we see it for what it is—a faith experience that sharpens our spiritual vision, intensifies our desire for God, and leads us to better understand His direction—then we will want to try it for ourselves.

Have you been crying out to the Father for more of Him? Do you need to know God’s will for a particular area of your life? Biblical fasting is a spiritual discipline that will bring you to the place where your hearing is sharper, your mind is clearer, and your eyes are more firmly fixed on the Lord and His plans. Why not discover this for yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment