Saturday, September 6, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning!
Our windows are open and temperature are in the 50's this morning. Sooo Nice

I am finding out that I don't have the energy or strength I used to have.  I'm really having a tough time not being able to do what I used to do. I could juggle so many things at a time and do it with ease.  I have also noticed that If I'm out for an extended period of time I come home swollen, sore and exhausted.
I'm starting to identify some of these changes and I'm finally able to explain them to others.  This is my new life.  :-) I have periods of time when my mind goes blank.  I don't know why.  Is it my medicine or the disease.  I was able to do so much before... I can only do a few things at a time and even then I struggle at times. :-(   I need a dark bubble to live in...my own little piece of the world. 

I don't want you to feel sorry for me, just understand the process of the disease. 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

The Strength to Stand
By Charles Stanley
Read | Ephesians 3:14-21

We know who our enemy is, and we may even be dressed for battle (Eph. 6:11). But we don’t feel ready. Our weaknesses seem large and our strength small.

To stand firm in this life, we need the power of our living Lord operating within us. To have God’s divine power released in us requires serious, sustained prayer (v. 18). When we communicate with the Father, His Holy Spirit will give us discernment so that we can recognize truths about spiritual warfare and gain insight into the adversary’s tactics (1 Cor. 2:14). Starting each morning with the Lord lets Him strengthen us to stand steadfastly for Christ, no matter what is in store for us that day.

Prayer is an essential element in our protection against the devil. If we are prayerless—that is, if we fail to seek God’s guidance and neglect to put on His armor by faith every day—then we will be defeated. Our understanding and vision apart from the Lord are too limited and the enemy is too powerful for us to stand alone. However, Romans 8:37 tells us that with God, we will be more than conquerors. He will make us ready if we draw close to Him through prayer, listen to His instructions, and follow through with obedience.

The enemy despises prayers that are offered through faith in Jesus Christ, because he has no defense against them. Persevering prayer strengthens you. It also crushes Satan’s might and sends him running (James 4:7). Drop to your knees in prayer to the Lord and watch what happens.

I am so thankful for all I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment